What would a summer camp be like without counselors? BORING! The’re happy, fun, spiritual, and good examples. Are you an English major? Love to write? Have dreams of becoming an author? Well then we need YOU to be a counselor at Young Authors Academy!
This is a full-time, overnight position. Counselors will supervise a group of 10–12 participants and will reside in the residence halls throughout the program. Housing and some meals will be provided. You will assist with check-in and check-out, supervise evening activities, and teach nightly devotionals. Sunday evening hours will be required. Approximately 40 hours/week.
Each of our dedicated, enthusiastic counselors will be responsible to:
- Mentor a group of 10 to 12 youth for the weeklong camp, ensuring their physical and spiritual well-being.
- Regularly report to administrative staff about your specific stewardship.
- Be a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Teach youth in a variety of settings.
- Motivate and inspire; discipline when necessary.
As a representative of BYU, you will be required to:
- Be a Young Single Adult member in good standing of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Have at least one year of college, or one year of work experience out of high school in a english related field.
- Enjoy working with youth and feel comfortable in small group settings.
- Be organized, teachable, and dependable.
- Complete ALL mandatory training requirements.
- Abide by the BYU Honor Code.
Male Counselor Application
Female Counselor Application